If your loved one is still living at home, at times their dementia can put them at risk. Eventually, dementia can lead to declining health, along with behavioral and personality changes. Studies have determined that dementia can influence every aspect of a loved one’s day, from first thing in the morning to the time they go to bed. If you are responsible for the care of someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia in Mission Viejo, CA, we can help!
Compassionate In-Home Care for Seniors With Alzheimer’s or Dementia in Mission Viejo, CA
Many patients with dementia deal with depression or anxiety and become socially isolated. On the positive side, doctors have also found that living at home in familiar surroundings actually provides some much-needed comfort and stability to someone with dementia. And that’s why at Colonial Home Care we provide our family-trusted, in-home Alzheimer’s and dementia care services.
Our compassionate, highly trained caregivers understand dementia and stand ready to deliver the necessary patience, empathy, and nurturing to put your mind at ease and keep your loved one aging in place. Our family-trusted Alzheimer’s and dementia care services include:
- Maintaining a safe home environment
- Mental stimulation through conversation and other companionship activities
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Transporting your loved one to medical appointments and other activities
- Personal care toileting, bathing, and grooming assistance
- Encouraging the client to accomplish as much as they can on their own
- Identifying, documenting, and managing changing behaviors
- Adapting a care plan that effectively addresses disease progression
- Honoring and respecting the senior’s earlier life accomplishments
- Assisting with your loved one’s ambulation and socialization
- Report to Staff Coordinator, who reports to the family)
- Engaging in light housework and other household responsibilities
- Providing general pet care
Allowing your senior family member with Alzheimer’s or dementia to stay in their home has been shown to be beneficial as long as they aren’t a safety risk to themselves or others. Seniors in California deserve a chance to gracefully age in place while enjoying the comfort and independence that living in their own homes provides.