When it comes to senior care, there are a lot of terms that get thrown around and it can get confusing. So, if you’re looking for home care in the Irvine area, you may be wondering what the term “home care” exactly means. Put simply, home care is non-medical care given by professionals who visit seniors in their homes and provide assistance for daily activities.
According to AARP, 90 percent of seniors want to stay in their homes as long as possible. It’s completely normal for seniors to want to maintain their independence and age in the comfort of their own homes.
And many seniors are able to continue living on their own, they may need help in a few different areas.
Home care allows them to do just that — seniors receive the assistance they need while still keeping the familiarity of their home and routines.
Here are just a few examples of the services Colonial Home Care provides:
- Hands-on assistance with showering or sponge bathing
- Help with personal grooming and hygiene
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence care
- Help getting dressed, undressed, and changed
- Physical assistance when standing, sitting, and walking
- Transferring in and out of a wheelchair
- Turning and repositioning in bed
- Preparation of nutritious, home-cooked meals
- Domestic chores including light housekeeping, laundry, and linen changes
- Shopping, errands, and appointment escort
- Being a friend and companion
Why Choose Home Care in Irvine?
Home care has proven to be the best choice for many people. It can serve as a safe alternative to assisted living that allows your senior loved one to stay safe while still maintaining their independence.
Here are a few other benefits of home care:
- Peace of mind: Many families are trying to help care for their loved ones from another state. Our caregivers can be there to provide assistance when you can’t, giving you peace of mind and reassurance that your senior is safe.
- Convenience: Home care gives seniors the option to stay in their own homes, with their own things, while still ensuring that their medical needs are being met.
- Higher quality of life: An in-home caregiver can help your loved ones prepare healthy meals, remind them to take their medication, and provide them with the social interaction they need.
- Affordability: It’s no secret that assisted living centers can be extremely pricey. Instead of buying a fixed package, we allow you to only pay for the services your senior actually needs.